2022 Suzuki GSX-R1000/R
At the pinnacle of the GSX-R family of ultra-high performance supersport motorcycles, the GSX-R1000R is ideal not only for racetrack conquest, but also for city road cruising.
- The compact 999.8cm³ DOHC inline-four engine produces great top-end power with a strong low- to mid-range pull.
- Suzuki Racing Variable Valve Timing (SR-VVT), technology developed for MotoGP racing, combines with the Suzuki Exhaust Tuning-Alpha (SET-A) and Suzuki Top Feed Injector (S-TFI) systems to comprise the Broad Power System that delivers strong, linear power and enhanced acceleration throughout the engine's rpm range.
- Advanced electronics include an IMU, adjustable traction control, the Suzuki Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, Motion Track Antilock Brake System*, plus the GSX-R1000R–specific Launch Control System to enhance street and track-day performance.
- The Bi-directional Quick Shift System permits clutchless upshifts and downshifts for faster lap times during competition and exceptional convenience on the street.
- The GSX-R1000R's twin-spar aluminum frame is light and compact. The frame's adjustable swingarm pivots to help racers tune the chassis for extraordinary racetrack performance.
- Advanced SHOWA Balance Free Forks (BFF) and rear suspension deliver extraordinary handling while the ABS-equipped, Brembo 4-piston, radial mount front brake calipers are fed by stainless steel brake line calipers for precise stopping performance.
- The GSX-R1000R–specific, black background LCD multifunction instrument panel was inspired by the GSX-RR MotoGP dash. The unique GSX-R1000R logo on the tail alerts others that this motorcycle is something extraordinary.
- The aerodynamic fairing houses a bright LED headlight with eyebrow position lights above the Suzuki Ram Air Direct (SRAD) ducts that feed the engine's electronic throttle bodies to boost top-end power.
|Overall length||2,075 mm (81.7 in)|
|Overall width||705 mm (27.8 in)|
|Overall height||1,145 mm (45.1 in)|
|Wheelbase||1,420 mm (55.9 in)|
|Ground clearance||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Seat height||825 mm (32.5 in)|
|Curb mass||203 kg (448 lbs)|
|Engine type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore × Stroke||76.0 mm x 55.1 mm (2.9 in x 2.3 in)|
|Displacement||999.8 cm3 (61.0 cu.in)|
|Compression ratio||13.2 : 1|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection|
|Lubrication system||Wet sump|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Primary reduction ratio||1.652 (76/46)|
|Final reduction ratio||2.647 (45/17)|
|Front suspension||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rear suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rake / Trail||23°20' / 95 mm (3.7 in)|
|Front brake||Disc, twin|
|Front tire size||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Rear tire size||190/55ZR17M/C (75W), tubeless|
|Ignition system||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel tank capacity||16 L (4.2/3.5 US/Imp gal)|
|Oil capacity (Overhaul)||4.1 L (1.1/0.9 US/Imp gal)|